Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Emenike Booed At His Old Club

The Fenerbahce and Nigeria international powerful striker, Emmanuel Emenike, was booed and jeered as Fenerbahce played an away match, against his former club - Karabukspor in a league encounter at the weekend.

Fans of Karabukspor booed Emenike each time he was with the ball. His side lost the game 2 - 1 to the host club.

Emenike's Super Eagles team-mate, Joseph Akpala scored the opener for the home team while Emenike equalised 1 - 1 for the visitors.


Emmanuel Emenike  (during the 2013 ACN)
 
After the match, Emenike was very disappointed with what happened in the stadium, and he made it known how he felt.

According to fanatik.com.tr, he said, ''I did not deserve this behaviour, because that city is one of the places that holds the biggest joy for me. I expected them to show me some understanding.''

''I am a professional footballer, currently I am wearing the shirt of Fenerbahce and so I must fight for my team to win, that is the normal thing,'' he said.

''We went there to win, but that did not happen. It was a nice feeling to play against my old team. The result did not reflect what we wanted in the match. We have good team and want to show that on the field,'' he added.
Read also: melvinsports.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment