Sunday, May 25, 2014

Drogba Donates €1m To The Families Of Mine Tragedy

The Ivorian international superstar and Galatasaray striker Didier Drogba (36), has donated the sum of €1m to the families of the victims of the Soma Turkey mining disaster, that claimed the lives of 301 men recently.

At the weekend before Galatasaray's match against Kayseri Erciyesspor, the teams wore helmets in support of the victims of the mine tragedy.

The former Chelsea star who is a UN ambassador of goodwill then announced a personal donation of €1m to the families of the victims of Soma mining disaster.


Didier Drogba

Afterwards the international star player said, ''I am a UN ambassador of goodwill and I will do all that I can to help the people in Soma,'' Drogba said. Read also: melvinsports.blogspot.com

''But I don't want anyone to use my name. I'm not someone who will promote himself in such issues. I don't need this sort of issues. I dont need this sort of self-promotion,'' he added.

The explosion at the coal mine in Soma happened on the 13th May and caused an underground fire, which lasted two days and killed many.

No comments:

Post a Comment