Friday, May 23, 2014

Shola Ameobi Released By Newcastle United

Shola Ameobi (32), the Newcastle United striker and Nigerian international, has just been released by the club, after being there for 14 years.

During the time he was with the club, he appeared in 379 matches for the team and scored 79 goals. He was among nine players released by the club, after their contracts expired at the end of the season.

The manager of the club, Alan Pardew paid a glowing tribute to Shola Ameobi, on his contribution, dedication and examples on the pitch and off the pitch as a great player.


Shola Ameobi of Newcastle United
''I have to make a special mention of Shola Ameobi, who has been an incredible servant to Newcastle United. Such loyalty and commitment in the modern game is rare, and Shola was not just a great player on the pitch, but a key figure off it too.''

''He is a leader of men, a great role model for our younger players, and I wish him well for the remainder of his career,'' Mr Pardew added.

Afterwards Ameobi who is listed in the Nigeria's 30-man provisional team for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil said, ''I have enjoyed every moment, and have always worn the famous shirt with pride. I am now looking forward to starting a new chapter in my career.''

''I would like to place on record, a big thank you to everyone at Newcastle United. I wish the club great success in the future and I'm sure, with the team and management they have, Newcastle United will go from strenght to strenght''.

''I hope to come back to Newcastle United one day in some capacity, to help repay some of the faith and loyalty, that everybody has shown me during my time here,'' he said.

''Finally, a big thank you to the supporters who have always been fantastic,''
the big striker added. Read also: melvinsports.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment