Saturday, August 31, 2013

Uche Nwofor Joins Heerenveen

The Nigerian international and VVV Venlo striker, Uche Nwofor (21), has signed a one year loan deal with FC Heerenveen.

After signing the contract, the striker said that he was happy to join the club of the Dutch great striker, Marco van Basten, Uche said that he joined the club in the hope that he will improve his game and learn a lot from van Basten.

Uche Nwofor - highlight
 
"I am happy. This is an opportunity to further improve my development as a player," he said.

Read: melvinsports.blogspot.com

"I want to continue my football education in Holland, and I believe, I am at the right club. I'm excited and looking forward, to working under Marco van Basten. I believe as a striker, I will learn a lot from him," Uche added.

The gifted striker who scored the two goals, in the friendly match between, Nigeria and South Africa, two weeks ago in Durban, was a transfer target, from several clubs in the premier league, such as Tottenham, Arsenal Sunderland, and a club in Turkey. It was also reported in the media, that he rejected a €4.6m transfer to CSKA Russia in January.

His agent Tony Harris, told the BBC in London that, "He has a incredible opportunity to grow, under legendary Dutch striker Marco van Basten."

"But more significantly Nwofor, wants to keep improving and get better as a striker. He has a chance to do that in Heerenveen.

"The club produced Ruud van Nistelrooy and Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, so he has made the right choice," he concluded.

Uche Nwofor, is among the players the Nigerian coach Stephen Keshi, called up for the world cup decider match, against Malawi on the 7th of September, in Calabar.

No comments:

Post a Comment